Full Time Youth Minister
St. Raphael the Archangel Catholic Church in Oshkosh, WI, a vibrant parish with over 2,800 families, is seeking a faith-filled Catholic to facilitate a comprehensive youth ministry program for students in grades 6-12. We desire an individual who can implement a total youth ministry program that focuses on the overall empowerment, participation and growth of young people as members of the Body of Christ. Responsibilities include: overseeing formation and training of a high school and middle school peer ministry, organize and promote summer youth mission trips, camps and conferences for students grades 6-12, coordinate regular youth gathering to foster an active prayer life and sense of community in youth, and establish an active presence within the school, community, and religious education settings to evangelize youth. The ideal candidate will have a BA in religious studies/theology or related field, be well organized, highly motivated, enthusiastic and creative. St. Raphael is an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers a competitive salary with a benefit package.
Please send your resume and cover letter
by March 17th to: Jessie Adrians,
Coordinator of Religious Education
St. Raphael the Archangel Catholic Church
830 S. Westhaven Drive
Oshkosh, WI 54904
St. John-Sacred Heart Parish Director of Religious Education
St. John – Sacred Heart Parish (Sherwood, WI) has an opening for Director of Religious Education for our K-12 program (24 hours/week, to include weekends and some evenings). The position coordinates the RE program for our Tri-Parish (St. John-Sacred Heart in Sherwood and St. John, St. Mary’s in Hilbert, and St. Mary’s in Stockbridge), for approximately 250 students.
Responsible for development and implementation plan for comprehensive catechesis, including Sacramental Preparation for children and youth, per the catechetical policies and curriculum directed by Diocese of Green Bay. Recruit, screen, train and evaluate volunteers for the role of catechist. Ensure that all catechists are certified. Order teaching materials and resources, coordinate spiritual, social and service events. Work with parents to ensure support and involvement of the family in the parish catechetical program. Facilitate Virtus programs for religious ed volunteers and ensure that catechetical personnel are in compliance with Safe Environment policy.
• Must have knowledge of tenets of Catholic Church and parish structures.
• Must be fully committed, supportive and respectful of the mission and tenets of the Roman Catholic Church.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Three to five years of experience in parish catechetical ministry.
• Must be a self-starter, with excellent interpersonal skills.
• Must be adept at organization, administration, recruitment/formation of volunteers.
• Must be proficient in MS Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
To apply: Send resume with cover letter to [email protected], by March 15, 2015.
St. John-Sacred Heart Parish/School Accountant
St. John – Sacred Heart Parish (Sherwood, WI) has an opening for an accountant (32 hours per week). This position is responsible for the overall management of payroll, bookkeeping and financial record keeping/ reporting for the parish and school.
Candidates should possess a Business or Accounting degree, or equivalent education and experience. Knowledge of fund accounting is preferred as is the ability to multi-task and manage confidential information. Candidate should have knowledge of Microsoft Office, Excel and Quickbooks.
Benefits available for full time (pro-rated for part-time). If interested in this position, please send your cover letter and resume to [email protected], by March 15, 2015.
Holy Spirit School, located in Appleton (Darboy), an accredited, 3K thru 8th grade school with enrollment of 266 students and 41 staff members, is accepting applications for a full time School Administrator to begin July 1, 2015.
For more information and to send your resume, visit our website www.holyspirit-parish.org.
Multiple Positions Needed, Sheboygan, WI
The Tri-Parish Catholic Churches of St. Peter Claver, Immaculate Conception and SS. Cyril and Methodius in Sheboygan, WI are reorganizing their personnel structure to better serve their members. We are looking for faith-based, dedicated individuals to fill the following positions:
Director of Administrative Services (full-time)
Director of Stewardship & Development (full-time)
Tri Parish Bookkeeper (part-time)
Tri-Parish Secretary (2 part-time positions)
Start date July 1, 2015. For further information, job description, or to submit a resume, please contact: Fr. Paul Fliss, 1439 S 12th St., Sheboygan, WI 53081
Employment Opportunity: Spirituality Center Director
St. Anthony Spirituality Center, Marathon, WI, has an opening for a full-time director who is an innovative, creative planner with strong people skills, collaborative leadership style and a willingness to share in the Mission and Core Values. Ministry Job Description available bycontacting [email protected] or online at www.sarcenter.com/employment. Submit resume by March 9. Position begins on or before July 1st.
Help Wanted: Center Spiritual Leader
St. Anthony Spirituality Center, Marathon, WI, is seeking full-time Spiritual Leader who will nurture the spiritual life of staff, volunteers, guests and resident community and share in the Mission and Core values. Ministry Job Description available by contacting [email protected] or online at www.sarcenter.com/employment. Submit resume by March 9. Position begins on or before July 1st.
Executive Assistant to the Bishop
The Executive Assistant to the Bishop is primarily responsible for providing a wide variety of skilled administrative support to the Bishop’s office and Curia by representing the Bishop and diocese through verbal and written communication. This position will be exposed to sensitive information and requires the use of tact, diplomacy, discretion and judgment when arranging meetings, coordinating confidential documents, and assuming the delegated responsibility to handle calls and inquiries on behalf of the Bishop and his office.
• Deep understanding and commitment to the Catholic faith.
• Associate’s degree as an Administrative Professional or equivalent experience required.
• Five to ten years of experience in an executive office position.
• High level organizational skills, a commitment to accuracy in all tasks and attention to detail and follow-up/follow-through.
• Advanced proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite including mail merges using Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Access, etc.
• Excellent relationship building and interpersonal skills, public relations skills and proper telephone skills and professional etiquette.
• Self-starter, with the ability to work independently and as a team player.
• Organize and set priorities, maintain strict confidentiality, exercise independent judgment, multi-task, be flexible and capable of handling a variety of on-going projects at the same time.
• Professional, detail-oriented, discreet and ability to develop constructive and cooperative working relationship with others.
• Must also have the ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills as well as professional and effective etiquette skills.
• Ability to react to high demands in a fast-paced environment.
• Must be able to anticipate and respond to the needs of the Bishop.
• Experience working at a parish or the diocesan curia is preferred.
This is a full-time position. If interested in this position, please send your resume to: [email protected]
These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this job classification. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.
To advertise your employment opportunities in The Compass please contact Amy Kawula at [email protected] or call 920-272-8212.