PART-TIME POSITION OPEN RELIGIOUS EDUCATION COORDINATOR
SS PETER & PAUL CATHOLIC CHURCH
720 N. Baird St., Green Bay, WI
Coordinator needed for the Parish Faith Formation program, aprox. 25 hrs/week, for about 125 students. Duties include managing the RE office, supervising, recruiting and training volunteers, planning programs for adults/teens/children and evaluating program curricula. Oversees RE program to insure requirements align with the diocese and church mission. Requires use of office equipment including telephone, personal computer, fax/copy machine. Excellent verbal and written communications skills required as well as typing, Word and Excel software proficiency. Works independently within assigned authority limits based on experience level reporting directly to the Pastor. Driver’s license required. Bachelor’s degree in religious studies or related field and parish experience preferred. Bilingual ability in English/Spanish is a plus. Salary commensurate with qualifications and a benefit package is available. Starting date will be determined.
Please contact the parish office at 920-435-7548.
PASTORAL ASSOCIATE POSITION
Ss. Edward & Isidore Parish, a dynamic parish located north of Green Bay and serving approximately 1,900 households, is seeking a qualified Pastoral Associate to share in the leadership of the parish in association with the canonical pastor.
As an integral member of the parish staff the Pastoral Associate promotes Gospel values and fosters growth in faith-filled disciples. This person provides leadership, facilitates and enables others in ministry, and offers direct pastoral care and community building as needed.
Expectation is that the Pastoral Associate will have a Master’s Degree with focus in pastoral ministry, or equivalency. It is also expected that the Pastoral Associate have at least three years of pastoral experience in which leadership, supervisory initiative, and adaptability to pastoral situations have been demonstrated.
Applicant must be a practicing Catholic in good standing.
If you are interested in being considered for this opening, please submit the following before August 30th: a cover letter describing the reason for your interest, resume, three references including email address and phone number, and salary history to:
Ss. Edward & Isidore Parish
Attn: Fr. Dave Hoffman
3667 Flintville Road
Suamico, WI 54313
Or email: [email protected]
Resumes will be reviewed upon receipt.
For more information or for a full job description, contact Fr. Dave Hoffman at the above address.
Director of Music/Liturgy Coordinator
Good Shepherd Parish, Chilton, Wisconsin, is seeking a Director of Music/Liturgy Coordinator. This part-time (15 hours/week) position will facilitate the choirs, cantors, and organists of the parish along with assisting the priest in liturgy preparation. Desired applicants should have training in music and Catholic liturgy. Excellent interpersonal skills to interact with parishioners and staff are essential.
Please send your resume and cover letter to:
Good Shepherd Parish
Attn: Business Manager
62 E. Main Street, Chilton, WI 53014
Youth Ministry/Confirmation Coordinator
St. Bernard Parish in Green Bay is seeking a Youth Ministry/Confirmation Coordinator. This position can be considered as part-time or full-time to meet the preference of the qualified candidate. The candidate for this position should possess the following: a strong understanding of the Catholic Faith, a thoughtful and creative way of communicating Jesus Christ to young people. The job will require planning & organizational skills, ability to learn parish software programs, proficient in MS Word. Prior experience in youth ministry or other parish work is preferred.
Send or email your cover letter, resume and credentials to:
St. Bernard Parish
Attn: Youth Ministry Position
2040 Hillside Lane • Green Bay, WI 54302
Religious Education Coordinator
Good Shepherd Catholic Parish, Chilton, is seeking a Religious Education Coordinator. This full-time position will coordinate the religious education program for approximately 250 students in grades 1-12, including sacramental preparation for first reconciliation, first Communion and confirmation. Duties include managing the overall program to be in compliance with the diocesan requirements and supervising, recruiting and training of Catechists. Excellent communications skills along with computer and office experience are a must. A good working relationship with our Catholic day school is very important. A bachelor degree in Religious Education or related field and parish experience preferred.
Please send resume and references to:
Good Shepherd Parish, Attn: Business Manager
62 East Main Street, Chilton, WI 53014
Human Resources Assistant
This position will be responsible for providing high-level administrative support and managing workflow of processes within St. Luke Benefit and Insurance Services Corporation and the Human Resources Department while supporting the mission, core values and vision of the Diocese of Green Bay. Position is responsible for all core HR functions, is a primary point-of-contact for benefits questions and is responsible for the work flow process related to recruitment.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Responsible for general administrative support functions to the Human Resources Department to ensure efficient utilization of time and resources to meet the demands of work flow requirements
• Maintains the flow of incoming employment application materials to include retrieving information via email, sorting and distributing those materials to various internal customers, scheduling appointments preparing interview materials and various correspondence as requested by H.R. Coordinator
• First point of contact for benefits questions from internal customers and parishes. Troubleshoots inquiries and problem solves or directs call to vendor for further troubleshooting.
• Respond to telephone calls or other inquires to ensure accurate and timely communications are facilitated. Receptionist duties as needed. Serves as back up to the Benefits Administrator when necessary.
• Maintain files & correspondence for weekly cutting of checks for Church Unemployment Plan.
• Responsible for the onboarding checklist and processing of new employees and the tactical process and checklist involved in terminating employees.
• Primary point-of-contact for fellowship events, Retirement parties & Recognition Christmas party. Plan and coordinate events with assistance of HR staff.
• Mail distribution, filing; maintain tracking lists for vacation reporting, performance evaluation completion; orders department supplies.
• Order, prepare and distribute birthday cards for curia employees to staff for signatures & interoffice on timely matter.
• Reconcile monthly insurance invoices;
• Assist with report generation and file retention. Generate Great West Retirement exception reports. FTE reports, turnover and length-of-time to fill reports and other ad-hoc reports via HRIS.
• Ad-hoc projects to include CNN articles, distribution of monthly wellness posters, collate New Employee/orientation packets as needed; coordinate the United Way campaign and flu clinic.
• Responsible for annual and as-needed updates to employment postings on campus and via email to other diocesan employers.
• Associate degree preferred with a minimum 5 years’ experience in an administrative role, demonstrated prior experience with high-level support and workflow management
• Proficiency using MS Office software including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Internet Explorer or other browser, and Outlook
• Ability to provide excellent customer service while prioritizing work-load and adapting to interruption and changing priorities
• Ability and willingness to learn, strong attention to detail, able to multi-task and work independently
• Excellent written and verbal communication
• Comprehensive knowledge of grammar, spelling and punctuation
• Excellent organizational skills
• Excellent judgment skills
• Proficient in multitasking
• Able to maintain confidentiality
• Prior administrative work specific to Human Resources where applicant can demonstrate knowledge of recruitment processes and benefits
• Knowledge of Diocese of Green Bay and parish policy and procedures
• Prior experience working in an HRIS system
If interested in this position, please send your resume by to:
P.O. Box 23825, Green Bay, WI 54305-3825 or [email protected]
To advertise your employment opportunities in The Compass please contact Amy Kawula at [email protected] or call 920-272-8212.