St. Francis Xavier Parish, De Pere is seeking a part-time accountant Mondays-Thursdays, approximately 24 hours/week, with some flexibility in the daily work schedule. Qualified candidates will possess computer skills including Microsoft Word & Excel and financial accounting systems. Responsibilities include payroll, accounts payable, general ledger accounting, contribution recording, and other recordkeeping duties. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of a two-year Associate’s degree in finance or accounting and at least 2 years of experience with bookkeeping and payroll.
Please submit resume and cover letter to:
St. Francis Xavier Parish
220 S. Michigan Street
De Pere, WI 54115
Or to: [email protected]
PROOFREADER/TYPIST 8-10 hours per week – Non-exempt
The Compass is looking for a part-time Proofreader/Typist to proofread for The Compass. This position is responsible for proofing regular and special sections/supplements, ads, booklets, promotional materials, and other content. In addition, this position will provide assistance at the request of the News and Information Manager.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Embrace the mission and vision of the Catholic Diocese of Green Bay and work in accordance with Catholic Social Teachings and the moral and ethical values of the Catholic Church.
• Input obituaries, wedding anniversaries, letters to the editor and similar materials into the system
• Correct or record omissions, errors, or inconsistencies found.
• Mark copy to indicate and correct errors in type, arrangement, grammar, punctuation, or spelling, using standard printers’ marks.
• Read corrected copies or proofs to ensure that all corrections have been made.
• Compare information or figures on one record against same data on other records, or with original copy, to detect errors.
• Consult reference books or secure aid of readers to check references with rules of grammar and composition.
• Route proofs with marked corrections to authors, editors, typists, or typesetters for correction or reprinting.
• Other duties as assigned
• High school diploma or equivalent
• 2 years office experience
• An understanding of The Catholic Church, its teachings and practices
• Basic grammar
• The newspaper’s rules of style and CNS Style Book
• Good Verbal/written communications
• Planning and organization
• Typing minimum 35 wpm
• Microsoft Suite & Internet expertise
• Communicate technical information to non-technical personnel
• Decision making
• Time management
• Collaborate with other department personnel
• Interpersonal relations
• Meets deadlines
• Methodical, logical, patient, careful, and accurate
• Maintain confidentiality
• Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
• Work effectively independently and in a team environment
If interested in this position, please send your resume to:
To advertise your employment opportunities in The Compass please contact Amy Kawula at [email protected] or call 920-272-8212.