The awards ranged from $500 to $1,000.
In announcing the awards, Dr. Joseph A. Bound, diocesan director of education, applauded the work that is being done on the parish level. He emphasized the priority of lifelong Catholic learning as the center of diocesan and parish catechetical efforts.
“The call to place adult faith formation at the center of the church’s mission involves a conversion and a shift in priorities, thinking and commitments,” he said. “Our 2009 award winners demonstrate the fresh and innovative approaches that are essential to the ongoing success of our diocesan education mission.”
The awards were presented by Julianne Donlon, diocesan Adult Faith Formation director, at the Catechetical Leadership Day held at Legends in DePere. The winners are:
• Programming: St. Louis Parish, Dyckesville, for “Parish Mission and Beyond.”
• Technology: St. Mary/St. Joseph parishes, Appleton for “Hardware & Software Enhancements.”
• Leadership Development: Holy Family Parish, Marinette, for “Adult Faith Formation Committee Development.”
• Innovation: St. Mary of the Angels, St. John the Evangelist, Green Bay; St. Matthew and Resurrection parishes, Allouez; St. Mary and St. Francis parishes, DePere, for “Catch the Fire of Our Faith Program.”
• Resources/Initial Programming: St. Stanislaus Kostka and St. Joan of Arc Parish, Armstrong Creek/Goodman.
For more information about the Faith in Our Future Awards, contact Julianne Donlon at (920) 272-8270; [email protected]