Dear brothers and sisters, Congratulations to all of you on the completion of another school year. Whether you are going from one grade to the next or
Congratulations to all of you on the completion of another school year. Whether you are going from one grade to the next or from your grade school or middle school to high school, now is a time of celebration and one of transition. May the peace and love of Jesus be with you as you go!
Last month we spoke about the Ascension of Jesus into heaven, after he taught the apostles all they needed to know to continue his work. All of you are much like the disciples as you go out and spread the good news that you have learned this past school year. You are witnesses to the love of Jesus and you are called to share that message with all your family and friends.
So what is your job as a witness? How can you continue the work of the apostles? You can continue the work in many ways in your homes, schools, towns and everywhere you go. The Holy Spirit that came to our church at Pentecost is always with you to help you do this.
Here are some ways you can help spread Jesus’ message:
- Love God and other people.
- Treat everyone kindly and with respect, the same way you would want to be treated.
- Help people who are less fortunate than you.
- Care for those who are ill and weak.
- Talk to people who are lonely and those who do not have many other friends.
- Choose good over evil.
- Forgive other people when they do something wrong.
- Go to church and pray.
- Keep hope and believe in life after death.
- Teach your friends about your faith.
That is a long list of ideas for you to work on this summer and all year long. And I would add one more thing that makes all tasks easier, do them with joy! Show the people you see that Christ has touched your heart and you are truly committed to showing everyone He is alive in you. Enjoy your summer and continue to be the best witness you can be!