Religious Education Coordinator
St. Albert the Great Catholic Church in Sun Prairie is a welcoming, vibrant Catholic community of approximately 1600 households. We are seeking an active, faith-filled Catholic to be our full-time Coordinator of Religious Education (k-9th grade) and Youth Ministry. Responsibilities will include formation and preparation for the sacraments of Reconciliation, First Eucharist, and Confirmation. The ideal candidate will have parish experience in religious education, excellent people skills, and strong leadership qualities. This person will work as a team with the pastor, staff, and parishioners. We are looking for a dynamic, outgoing individual who takes initiative, is highly organized and has strong presentation skills. Experience in various forms of social media is a plus. Evening and weekend work time will be necessary. Please submit cover letter and resume to the attention of Msgr. Donn Heiar at 2420 St. Albert Dr. Sun Prairie, WI 53590, or email [email protected].
Kaukauna Catholic Parishes are looking for a full-time Maintenance Supervisor. This person will be responsible for general maintenance/repairs of assigned facilities at all parish sites (i.e. school, rectory, churches, office building, Discipleship Center, other external buildings), including basic electrical, plumbing, boiler/HVAC, building and green space. This person will be responsible for some aspects of custodial works, depending on parish needs. This person will also supervise custodial employees. Travel between campuses will be required.
If interested in this position, please send your cover letter & resume to Tom Kettleson at [email protected]
Director of Mission and Community Outreach
This salaried, full time position includes benefits and is designed to promote The Mission of Holy Cross Parish, Bay Settlement by engaging our Parishioners, those of Parishes close to us and the community in general around our Parish in four distinct areas:
- Interactive programs with those over 55
- Family Ministry
- Young adult 16-30
- Youth Ministry 3-15
Recognizing that programs don’t make disciples, but people do, the coordinator assists and equips ministry leaders, volunteers, and parishioners to be effective evangelizers and disciple makers through a variety of initiatives with the intended goal of raising missionary disciples. Each one of these key area’s will be measured on effectiveness and participation.
- Design, implement, and manage programs that bring the largest cross section of our parish family to get involved with the Parish and their faith life.
- Foster a culture of discipleship by implementing evangelization principles in all aspects of parish life. Ensure the parish is offering the kerygma in a variety of ways and methods.
- Develop, monitor, and support Faith formation and Confirmation programs
- Partner with evangelization and faith formation leaders of other parishes and the Green Bay Diocese to ensure best practices, as well as to take advantage of collaboration, program sharing, and outreach opportunities.
- Track the results of each program, manage change as needed, and develop continuous improvement process that will sustain each program.
- Develop and maintain a budget for ministerial needs.
- Develops, monitors, and carries out a variety of experiences and events that capture people along diverse thresholds of conversion.
- Implement goals and objectives identified in the 2020 Holy Cross Parish
- Mission Planning document.
- Strong personal relationship with Jesus and love for His Church, intentionally living out faith as a disciple, with a mission to bring others to Christ.
- Must be a practicing Catholic and a member in good standing of a diocesan Catholic parish.
- Must have strong analytical skills to track results, maintain schedules, and promote programs by directly contacting parishioners
- Must embrace the mission of Holy Cross Parish.
- Ability to interact, collaborate, and listen to a variety of people.
- Excellent relational, oral, and written communication skills with the ability to mentor others.
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in one of the following: Religious Education/Theology or Program management. Five years or more professional experience and ongoing professional development may substitute degrees.
- Must be willing and able to work a flexible work week including evenings and weekends. Job work week will be between 40 and 50 hours.
- People-centered focus balanced with the ability to complete multiple projects and tasks as required.
- Able to see the “big picture” and strategic perspective; ability to envision a variety of methods for evangelization and discipleship.
- Ability to maintain high levels of confidentiality as appropriate.
For further questions or to apply, submit cover letter and resume by Friday, May 21, to: Dean Gerondale at [email protected].
Coordinator of Faith Formation
Middle School/High School & Confirmation
St. John the Baptist Parish in Howard, WI is searching for a Christ-centered team player who can lead the children of our parish to a closer relationship with Jesus Christ. The Coordinator administers (designs, develops, directs, and evaluates) a total parish religious education program and provides leadership to assist the parish community in building a solid foundation for student and adult spirituality, Christian living, and outreach.
A few of the key duties are:
- Plan, develop, and promote quality catechesis for Middle School and High School that instills a love for and learning about Christ .
- Assist with the recruitment and training of catechists /volunteers.
- Collaborate to develop family intergenerational faith formation opportunities for all parents.
Oversee the registration and implementation of the parish preparation programs for Confirmation for students and their families who are part of the parish Faith Formation program and Notre Dame High School.
Work with the pastoral staff to ensure that parish and diocesan procedures are followed regarding the preparation for and celebration of Confirmation.
Plan, coordinate, and implement Confirmation student retreats.
Roncalli Catholic Schools
Roncalli Catholic Schools is seeking qualified candidates to fill the following full-time positions:
Roncalli High School
2000 Mirro Drive, Manitowoc
- Library Media Specialist (#105595)
Roncalli Elementary School
1408 Waldo Blvd., Manitowoc
- Third-grade teacher (#107566)
- Fourth-grade teacher (#105744)
Interested candidates should visit
wecan.education.wisc.edu for more information, including requirements and qualifications, and to apply. Please refer to the above noted vacancy ID numbers when searching WECAN.
Director of Religious Education
The vibrant, growing Catholic Community of Prince of Peace in Bellevue is seeking a faith-filled candidate for the position of Director of Religious Education. This full time position will give the candidate an opportunity to share their faith while utilizing life experiences, natural abilities, and education to support our families on their spiritual journey as they grow in their love for Christ and the Church.
Major Areas of Responsibility Include:
- Work with catechists/volunteers and facilitate professional development
- Communicate with parents and involve them in the RE program and teaching of our faith
- Prepare and assist in the implementation of enthusiastic, engaging lessons
- Create an exceptional RE experience that allows students to see the many ways God influences our every day lives
- Sacramental preparation
- Collaborate with our parish team and families
- Criteria for the Position of Director of Religious Education
- Bachelor degree in Religious Studies or Theology (Masters Degree preferred)
- At least 5 years of experience in a religious education program
- Emmaus Certification and Administrative Leadership experience desired
- A creative mind with a visionary outlook (willingness to think outside of the box)
- The position offers a competitive salary and benefits. If you have a passion for Christ and excitement to see children and their parents grow in their relationship with Jesus, you will love this position!
Serious candidates are asked to submit an in-depth resume, cover letter and letters of recommendation to: Deacon Jeff Prickette, Pastoral Leader, 3425 Willow Road, Green Bay, WI 54311 by June 15. Interviews will follow.
The Database Specialist position contributes to the overall success of the Catholic Foundation’s fundraising efforts by participating as a lead member of the gift processing team and by fully understanding and assisting with maintaining the Catholic Foundation’s Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge database. This position runs queries, reports, exports, data entry and data analysis. This person must have the ability to understand complex database operations, and be able to serve as the backup to Database Coordinator. This fast-paced position requires strong computer skills, excellent accuracy and the ability to respond to donor inquiries, while understanding and maintaining confidentiality in all Foundation work.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
“Embrace the mission and vision of the Catholic Diocese of Green Bay and work in accordance with Catholic Social Teachings and the moral and ethical values of the Catholic Church.”
- Associate’s degree or equivalent experience required.
- High-level keyboard/typing skills
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills with great experience in Excel
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Proficient written and oral communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Accuracy, recordkeeping and data entry skills
- Has fanatic attention to detail with the added ability to look at work with a macro view for quality and self-review
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively
- Ability to communicate in a clear and courteous manner in person, by phone and in writing.
- Time management skills
- Willingness to ask questions and practice consultative and collaborative decision making
- Ability to work with highly confidential material in a sensitive and professional manner
- Ability to manage multiple projects and complete assignments in a timely manner
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or business systems field
- Database experience required; with 3 years of experience
- Non-profit fundraising or gift processing experience
- Understanding of accounting or bookkeeping practices
- Prior experience working with querying, exporting, and reporting from relational databases; with Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge experience
These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this job classification. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.
For more information and to apply please visit www.gbdioc.org
As we are going through these difficult times, we want you to know that we will be here for you and to help you with whatever employment needs you may have.
To place an ad in The Compass’ Employment Opportunities, please contact: Amy Kawula at 920-272-8212 or email [email protected].
Check out these diocesan open positions.